A distribution transformer's function is straightforward: to step down the voltage and provide isolation between primary and secondary. Electrical energy is passed through distribution transformers to reduce high-distribution voltage levels down to end-use levels.
- Distribution transformers normally have ratings up to 5000 kVA.
- Cooling type can be ONAN, ONAF or KNAN
- number of phases: single-phase or three-phase
- Can be manufactured as hermetically sealed, hermetically sealed with gas cushion or with conservator tank.
- HV Porcelain or Plug-in Bushings can be used.
- In standard transformer inhibited or habited mineral oil is used. Upon customer request natural or synthetic vegetable oil is also used.